The Next Normal Task Team plan will be a phased approach using these guiding principles:
• Governor Holcomb’s direction for Indiana and Mayor Hogsett’s for Indianapolis
• The advice and direction from Bishop Trimble, the Indiana Conference UMC leader
• Honoring St. Luke’s Mission to be fully open for all, which includes offering ministry for all ages and not having to discourage any part of our population from attending.
Each stage outlined by the Governor is dependent on evidence that we have successfully blunted the spread of the virus and accomplished the goal of each of the 5 stages he outlined. This document shares Phase 1 and 2 of St. Luke’s plan with the hope of offering more phases as we consider the latest information and requests from officials related to reopening of churches.
St. Luke’s Phase 2: June 15 – July 31, 2020
During this phase, we will continue to follow CDC recommendations for appropriate workplace safety policies:
- Social distancing and use of masks when moving about the building
- Testing, isolating, and contact tracing; if a member of staff, or volunteers test positive for COVID-19
- Sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Disinfection of common and high-traffic areas
For Phase 2
• All staff are now able to return to work in their offices. Masks will be worn as people enter and move about the building. Accommodations have been made for those who share offices and plexiglass barriers have been put in place.
• Door 6 will be unlocked for staff and public to enter
• Internal groups of 25 or less may schedule meetings in building (this does not include outside groups/organizations)
• The Developmental Pre-school resumes in E135
• Funerals up to 100 in attendance
• Parking lot can be used for large gatherings up to 200
• Starting June 20th St. Luke’s has agreed to host a private COVID-19 Testing Lab on site. (Southwest corner front parking lot)