We’re serious that God’s way of transforming our world is through people gathered in community. And so we have small groups as intentional places to make new friends who will love you, challenge you, and serve alongside you. Watch Dave Lear talk about his experience in a small group.
New Groups begin the week of August 26
To see a listing of available groups this fall click here to register. If none of these groups work for you, you can let us know that as well and we will be in touch.
- Groups begin with a social the week of August 26th and then meet 7 times discussing the weekly sermon.
- Groups can take new people the first 3 weeks.
Future Group Launches
- We make a big push to launch new groups 2 times a year – the start of Lent and our fall kick-off.
- In between launches we have smaller “launch events” (usually 4 a year) where you’re invited to come and meet groups looking for new members. Stop by the Connect Here Booth any Sunday to sign-up.
- New groups use discussion guides connected to our sermon series as their initial curriculum. After 5 weeks together, groups can decide to continue and become a Covenant Group, meeting together for a total of 20 gatherings in a year. People are welcome to switch groups at this point as well.
- People interested in a Small Group can visit the Connect Here Booth.
- Hosts: All groups have a host(s) who help organize the group and help facilitate conversation
- Location: Most groups meet in people’s homes around the city, as well as at St. Luke’s, in restaurants, workplaces and online
- Size: Groups range in size but average 10-12 people
- Demographics: Some groups have a specific demographic such as working women, young adult men, couples with young children, empty nesters, etc. Though most welcome all!
- Childcare: We offer a childcare voucher program to help reimburse the cost of childcare for groups meeting in homes. Childcare is provided at select times for groups meeting at St. Luke’s.
If you’re interested in a group between launches, that is great! Some existing groups always have openings and our launch events are a great way to plug in.